Mmm...am reading this article: Press Release 2.0: Writing and Content Matter More than Tech Tricks and jogged a thought on twin engines. I suppose this is nothing new. Yet, a good equilibrium point to be working towards.
Marshall McLuhan is a genius - His proposition that "the medium is the message" still stands, after all these years.
The Twin Engines matter. I don't think one is more important than the other.
Substance + Form
Message + Channel
or however else you want to term it.
And more so, where holistic perception, congruence, integration is more hot than segregation, divide, separation.
Depending on the target audience, the context... even nitty gritties matter. Tone, style, graphics, font, layout, format, arrangement, length, presentation, colour, speed... they all matter.
Last week's writer's workshop awakened in me a deeper appreciation of crafting in writing. At the same time, I can't help but also ponder about the various channels that can be employed beyond just books.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment