Haven't felt excited for a very long time.
Popped by the ISEA (Internatonal Symposium on Electronic Art) @ National Museum yesterday. Really appreciated the museum - the high ceiling and the wide space - my way of escaping the business and the sardine-packed malls on weekends... for a breather... I miss the space in Australia... ...
Came across that I love... "The Global Bridge Symphony"... and there was a portion of the video art that caught me... different angles of the bridge in black and white,exploring the form... OMG...that soothed my senses and brought such relief... perhaps... the whole week I've got to be logical and methodical and on the weekend I can just let my desire for spontaneity and the abstract come forth...
Was on the way to Plaza Sing when I came across a charity art exhibition to raise funds for the Sichuan Earthquake. Two paintings caught my eye - one of Chinese brushstrokes that honoured the nurses... the other an oil painting of a chinese boy with ruler triangles around him. It's one thing looking at art drawn years ago... another to look at something so fresh. The painting of the boy reminded me of the countless students in China struggling to get a proper education, especially in the villages. Plus the many students who died in schools due to the earthquakes... partly because of the weak foundations of the schools. What an injustice... I miss the kids in China...
Thanks to a good friend, Lionel Chok, who introduced me to the portable film festival, I got an opportunity to gather some of my artsy media friends and hang around for a screening of our works and also watch some shorts together. It was real fun and there was so much energy! I was glad to finally have a reason to finish a short 30 second clip inspired by my New York trip that I went with Noelle. Hmm... and Brandon sparked off an idea - have another screening... and everybody brings their old works! Party-happy-me happily caught on the idea and voila! A artsy party in September. Am gonna get my artsy friends together to share their paintings, photographs, poems, short films, animations... Woo Hoo! I'm excited! Gives me also the drive to finally (yes, finally) get my art pieces, photos, videos together... ... *happy*
No comments:
Post a Comment